Sunday, October 14, 2012

Family photo (almost) catastrophe

I took a lot of photos of the Payne family on Saturday and when I got home discovered that the card with the most photos was damaged (it wouldn't work in my card reader or camera).  I called a camera store and they suggested I bring the card in and they would look at it (that gave me hope).  I drove to Cambridge and couldn't find a parking spot (shocking, I know) so made my way to their Melrose store. They shoved the card in one of those machines that you can order reprints from and it said it was unreadable.  I was devastated.  I went home, climbed into bed and faced the wall.  I had to call my friend and tell her the bad news and she was OK with rescheduling the photo shoot for today but because of rain we decided on an afternoon next week.  I was sick about it.  Really sick about it.  Tonight my home teachers came over and long story short the home teacher with the engineering Ph.D. from Stanford and postdoc from MIT pulled the tiny bent wires off the camera card and we were finally able to get the card to work in my camera and I was able to download the photos that way.  I was unbelievably relieved.   This is one of my favorite rescued photos.

4 comments:

LL said...

This just makes me cringe...and then smile. Happy Ending :-)
I'll have to tell you about my 6th grade film trouble. I'll never forget it.
You just can't ever recapture a moment. Glad it worked out, home teachers rock!

Unknown said...

I was so stressed out for you.
*phew*

Queen Elizabeth said...

Pays to have smartie pants as home teachers, eh?

Elisabeth said...

Hooray for Home teachers!