Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Friendship - part 3

I met Ashley nine years ago when she and Dax graduated from Utah State and moved to the Boston area for jobs.  It didn't take long to put them in the cool category.  They are sharp, dedicated, strong, friendly, nice, fun, salt-of-the-earth people.  I'll never forget sitting next to Ash at her first R.S. Opening Social and getting acquainted.  She seemed kind of down and told me she was heading home.  I remember asking her if she was homesick and she told me that her young niece was battling a brain tumor and she was going home to Downey, Idaho to help out and be with her family.  Imagine bonding over brain tumors?  I have lots of good Jacobson memories and feel like they are family (that's how it is "out here" where most of us don't live by our real family).  I'm glad I got to know the Jacobsons.  I know people struggle with making friends and then seeing them leave after a year or two or three (or more).  I can't imagine my life without all the wonderful friends I've made.

No comments: