Friday, June 03, 2011

Boy Scout car wash












Last Saturday the Boy Scouts had a car wash to earn money for merit badge camp.

1. When I drove up I saw one guy washing his own car. I wasn't paying $15 to wash my own car. One of the leaders promised it wouldn't take that long (I was there about 45 minutes).

2. A Scout was using a brush on my car and I overheard the Scout Leader say, "So-and-So, don't use the brush on her car; it's for the tires." Note: if I cared that much about my car I wouldn't have gone to the Scout car wash.

3. I received this email two days after the car wash: If you got your car washed Saturday can you check and see if you have any random vacuum attachments in your car. A few of the attachments on the shop-vac are missing and the Scouts think they may have left them in one of your vehicles.

PRICELESS.

10 comments:

Jodi said...

yikes...I guess it's good Taylor forgot he signed up for a wash (even though our car could REALLY use it)

Becky said...

Laughing.

Sarah said...

We had the same kind of thing happen to us. We weren't impressed with the car wash we paid 15 bucks for but figured our money went to a good cause. It made us feel better anyway.

EmilyCC said...

love those scouts!

LL said...

I will do my best. To do my duty. To wash EP's car....

Sweeney Household said...

The guy who was washing his own car even gave them a tip! We got ripped off.......

he he.

Anonymous said...

How green are Boy Scouts? Shouldn't they - or they leaders know washing a car without fully capturing the soapy water for recycling is killing water life! Please - use a waterless scrub! Or find another service to offer! This service is done best for all of us at a certified car wash!

Remind school, church, scout leaders that carwashes as a money earner are not valued and should not be supported!

Sebastian Gaydos said...

You had nothing to lose when you had them clean your car for $15. I hope that it went to a good cause. But what's surprising is that they had your e-mail address and they were able to ask you if they accidentally left their vacuum attachments in your car.

Brittanie Holderness said...

I wouldn't be paying $15 to wash my car either. But it's a good thing that there were no signs of scratches on your car? I thought you've heard the leader say that the brush was supposedly be used on the tires. Well, you just have to think that your money would be a great help for those who really need it.

Denial Mofi said...


I blog quite often and I genuinely appreciate your information. This great article has really peaked my interest. I am going to bookmark your site and keep checking for new details about once a week. I subscribed to your RSS feed as well.
used cars in Qatar for sale