Sunday, June 19, 2011

Chapel dedication

Today was the dedication of the Longfellow Park Chapel in Cambridge. I was given some tickets this week (probably because I'm the RSP) and brokered them to people who had attended church in that building. I attended church there my very first Sunday in Boston in 1988. My brother Robes and sister-in-law Kim and nephew Ian (he was a baby) left that morning and I missed the Arlington Ward so my roommate and I went to Cambridge for church. The building holds a special place in my heart but I felt like there were many others who deserved to attend today. Then last night I got voice mail from my friend on the Public Affairs committee asking if I'd be an "official photographer" and that my pictures would be sent to the Church News (because they weren't sending a photographer). It was wonderful attending today's dedication and here are some of my favorite photos.












11 comments:

Smilin' sunshine said...

You are famous! Everyone wants your pictures! What a great day!

Unknown said...

I heard GREAT things about today.

Amy D said...

Excellent pictures, Ellen! That's awesome that you were asked to be the photographer. They couldn't have chosen better! What a great day.

LL said...

LOVE THEM ALL!!!
Especially the shot with all the chairs. You're my hero.

Macy said...

SO awesome. I love these shots. Congrats!

Is the steeple taller? It looks a little taller. Or maybe the building is just feeling good being restored to its old self. :)

Kip said...

Nobody could do better. Awesome pictures - they bring back incredible memories. Thanks!!

Happy Belated Birthday!!!

amydear said...

Very cool! I love the picture of Pres. Eyring. He is one of my favorites. ;

Annie said...

Well done, ep!! Love them.

Matt said...

Thanks so much for posting the pictures. I especially love the one of Clay Christensen, he is such a wonderful person. So happy to see the Chapel back, better than ever!

Mother Goose said...

Ellen! Oh my gosh, I think that I got this blogspot from Jody/Jenifer. Anyway, what fun to see the photos of the chapel and the dignitaries! I was surprised that it looks the same from the outside anyway. It must have been a wonderful day. We still pine for Boston. Living there really got under our skin. Would love to come back but it is too expensive for us now. Now that I have your blogspot site, I will keep up with Boston from you! How is Supermoist?
Thanks, Vicki

Melanie said...

so cool!