Thursday, September 30, 2010

Homemade coupons


















I went to Joanns tonight to buy batting and backing for my latest quilt. When I handed my coupon to the sales clerk she noticed that there was no bar code on it (I had noticed that when I clipped the coupons). She mentioned the "no barcode" and then asked where the rest of my flyer was so she could sew my name on it. I told her I cut the coupons out and tossed it (isn't that what everyone does?). She started to give me a bit of attitude like she wasn't going to let me use it and I said, "I didn't make the coupon", and I told her I wasn't going to get those things without using a coupon (the quilt batting is $10.99/yard). She gave me the discount and everyone was happy. At least I was.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're a coupon PIRATE!