Monday, September 27, 2010

I want to be like Kay when I grow up





















My friend Kay turns 85 today. She's a really cool lady. I have known her son and his family for years but I only met her a few years ago when she joined the church. Her son was one of the (4) YM presidents I worked with when I was the YW president. Kay's son and his wife serve in one of the singles wards in the Stake so she drives herself to church every Sunday. She is always there and she always sits in the back. Kay and her daughter-in-law attend the Temple every week and then they go shopping and to lunch. I like to visit Kay; she is delightful company. The last time I visited her she told me about a bat getting in her apartment and how scared she was. We both laughed about it. I always ask about her latest knitting project. She has made numerous sweaters and hats for her great grandchildren. One time I visited her she sent me home with a beautiful knitted hat. Kay likes to read and she read the Book of Mormon this summer. I made this treat for Kay (brownies) and I'm going to visit her tomorrow after work.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

o-KAY!