Monday, September 20, 2010

Lost in textlation

A few weeks ago I got a text late at night from "Elaine":

Are you feeling Earl?

Ewww! Gross. Who would send such an inappropriate message? I didn't know any Elaine. It was clearly a mistake. I quickly erased the text and I think I even turned my phone off.

TODAY I got this email from my dear friend Elaine (my YW president when I was 14, so yes, I do know an Elaine): I was watching Earl to see how close it came to Boston. I texted you to see if you were on the watch. Didn't hear back so I figured you either don't text or Earl came over the "auditorium" (my condo) and swept you away.

Since Earl was a recent hurricane, we'll chalk that up as "lost in textlation".

10 comments:

Rachel S. said...

Haha! I love it! How did you forget who Elaine/Earl were?

Becky said...

LAUGHING! I was thinking Earl was your new boyfriend and that the RP needed to see the Bishop.

LL said...

Ep. you are so shady. Easy does it with Earl.

Christy said...

Earl...he was a heartbreaker to some.

Stefani said...

HA - that is so funny!! I love texting, but I'm always afraid something I type will be misread exactly like this :). Glad it all worked out!

allegra said...

ha! best post ever.

Earl. all i can think right now is good 'ol dixie chicks. sooooo funny.

Unknown said...

lost, indeed!

balmforth.family said...

Is Earl's last name Fools? :-) HA that was to funny.

BunchesofBradys said...

still laughing

Camille said...

ahah that was great. can't be too careful with all those creepos out there!