Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Stan's


































A trip to Provo isn't complete without stopping by Stan's (9th East across from Gold's Gym which was a grocery store when I was there!) for a shake. I ordered what I always order: chocolate banana. The shakes are higher than the top of the cup and are delicious (and made with real bananas!).

Here is the link to an article that I wrote which was published in the BYU Magazine a few years ago (after my last trip to Utah). It summarizes how I feel about Stan's!

It looks like Stan could use a few more letters.

7 comments:

Sweeney Household said...

Do they have frappes there?

jksfam said...

They definitely are good milkshakes! I was thinking they've been there so long they've lost some letters, too! Now I want to go there next time we're in Utah!

Sandman said...

So sad, no more Smith. What would Gwan do? I used to get a blueberry cream cheese milk shake at Stan's ... And, with all those wonderful flavors Richie would always get vanilla.

Wendster said...

That SO makes me want a blueberry cheesecake shake from Yellowstone park. Or Fuddruckers! Mmmmmmm.
But I totally want to go and try out Stan's shakes ... cuz I don't think I've EVER had one go TWO INCHES OVER THE TOP OF THE CUP?
That was a good article you wrote.

Elisabeth said...

We used to go there too back in the 'day!

Lisa Michelle said...

Thank you for posting this!! I have driven by Stans a million times and always wondered about it. I think Bryce and I will have to go on a date this Friday for shakes!

Renee said...

ellen we live right down the street from stan's!! we (my roommate bekah and i,mostly) eat there at least once a week!!