Monday, April 21, 2008

The Boston Marathon

What a great day!!! The weather was perfect (a bit better for spectators than the runners since it was sunny and warm) and there were 25,000 runners! I watched for Lance Armstrong and Katie Holmes but they were too fast and got by us without any fanfare. I waited for Davi, the wife of my former boss at MGH. She's amazing. It was so much fun and I bet there were close to 100 friends at our spot near Mile 19! [The 4th picture is my friend Emily who is an "elite runner". She is injured this year so was on the side line with us so we cheered for her brother with the blue mohawk!]













6 comments:

Mandy said...

Missing you bad, mile 19.

Alb said...

Last week in London we got to see the marathon there with a mere 50,000 runners. We watched them coming in to cross the finish line at Buckingham Palace for close to 30 minutes and it was wall to wall runners that whole time.

smart mama said...

it was a great day- we were at mile 17- LOL

African Kelli said...

Oh my gosh! What a rush. That is just so exciting. And yahoo for people who come out to cheer!

Andrae said...

I love the pic of "team hoyt". What an amazing story. I get emtional just thinking of it.

Sweeney Household said...

love the pics cousin.