Friday, April 18, 2008

My friend Lena

















I wrote about Lena in this post about 18 months ago. She is competing in the Salt Lake Marathon on Saturday! She's one of the coolest friends I have and it was so great seeing her last Saturday night.

Here is a news story about her and an article from the Salt Lake Tribune. [I was in the Salt Lake airport on Monday and bought the newspaper. I almost tossed the Sports section but decided to look at it and the article about Lena was on the front page. Then I went and bought a second newspaper!]

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=3064587

http://www.sltrib.com//ci_8917425

If you live in the Salt Lake area and you are going to the Marathon on Saturday scream for my friend Lena. And I will be doing that same thing if/when she competes in the Boston Marathon!

GO LENA!!!

6 comments:

Mandy said...

That is the coolest! I am glad she is doing well and challenging herself. Go Lena!

Sandman said...

Very inspiring ... She's someone I'd like to meet ... GO LENA!

Alecia said...

Very awesome. You rock, Lena!

amydear said...

That is so awesome. I get teary-eyed just thinking about it. I remember when Lena was just about 12. What a fighter. Maybe we can compete in the same Boston Marathon together. She'll probably get there before I do ,though!

Wendster said...

Goooooooooooooooooo Lena!!!!!!!!!

There in spirit!

rebecca said...

Lena looks great. Many cheers for her for competing in the marathon! She's my hero.