Saturday, March 15, 2008

On the speaking circuit

Today I had to get up early (well, early for a Saturday) because I was one of the speakers at our Stake R.S. Enrichment Activity. The theme was "Filling Your Vessel". I had been asked to take 3 minutes to share how I keep my vessel full and I talked about SERVICE (there were 5 other speakers). I read Mosiah 2:17 and shared four stories of service from my life, and from those stories these ideas:

---When I do things for others, I forget about my problems.
---I am happy when I think of ways to help my friends.
---It is not always easy but I am a stronger person because of serving others.
---I feel joy when I follow the promptings of the spirit.

After the program there was a brunch and tying quilts for the Church Humanitarian Aid Center. I didn't work on a quilt but did talk to some friends which is always fun.

Copies of my remarks are available for a small fee. hahahahahahaha

5 comments:

rebecca said...

Service? Ellen? Perfect match:) You should have an honorary doctorate from somewhere in the field of service. You're such a great example to me and to everyone around you. I'm so glad you're my friend!

Sounds like a wonderful conference.

BunchesofBradys said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BunchesofBradys said...

Ellen,
I so wish I could've been there to hear your talk at the R.S. enrichment activity. John had a graduation downtown yesterday morning. I have learned a lot from you and service and when to say no. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.
-Carrie
p.s. Thank you so much for shooting the pictures after church...we really appreciate it.

Melanie said...

I'd love to hear the whole talk!

jksfam said...

I always loved getting ep service. I wouldn't mind being closer to give ep service, either! Hopefully we'll at least get there for a visit sometime...