Friday, March 14, 2008

A night in New Hampshire

Sometimes I just get the itch to cross the state line (which in New England can take only 25 minutes). Tonight my friends and I headed north to the big city of Nashua, New Hampshire for a Night of White Trashiness. We started off with dinner at Arbys (in a mall food court) where I saved a few bucks by ordering a kids meal, dessert at Dairy Queen (also in the food court), and then shopping at Wal*Mart. One of my friends bought a New Kids on the Block CD that we cranked on the way home but I must admit I felt no nostalgia for the band; I was already old when those boys were making it big. We had a fun White Trash Night!

10 comments:

CMHill said...

Oh the good ol days of NKOTB. HA HA. That sounds like a fun outing.

Amy said...

You always have the funnest outings! Even when they are simple!
-Amy

Unknown said...

That was too much fun!

Oh, and I would like to formally request a copy of your remarks...

Diana said...

Was there any improv?

smart mama said...

ohohohohohoh just hangin' tough

Melanie said...

Ellen, you make me miss New Hampshire! I think this was my very own hometown Walmart you may have visited... I'm sure it was "my" old mall! (Pheasant Lane?) Suwanee, GA, just doesn't do white trash as well as New Hampshire does! :)

ellen said...

Melanie -- I was in your old 'hood...and wore a black armband in your memory.

Alecia said...

mmm. dq. did you get a Blizzard? I have yet to get mine...

Amy D said...

How fun is that?! I went on a "white trash" date once where we went fishing for catfish in the guy's pond behind his house.

Janika said...

Is that fabric I spy in your Walmart shopping cart?!! The Walmarts around here have removed their fabric/sewing departments. Where am I supposed to go for $1/yd. fabric?!!