Monday, June 25, 2012

Elephant parade (to Thailand)

I love writing missionaries.  I've been writing a sister missionary who grew up in the Boston area but moved a few years ago and is going to Thailand on her mission.  She mentioned something in a letter or on her blog (letters to her family) about elephants and I thought: MUST SEW HER AN ELEPHANT!  So I did (one of these went to Sister Carter--I think the one on the far right).  Then I got a letter from her saying she loved the elephant as did the elders in her district (also going to Thailand) and would I make 6 more elephants for them.  How could I not?!?  They sent some $$$ and their color preferences and I made these 6 elephants Saturday night.  I hired some child laborers/expert elephant makers to stuff them, sew on the eyes, and sew them up.  The missionaries are flying to Thailand next week so these will go in the mail tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anne said...

super cute, Ellen!

jencarter said...

You're the BEST Ellen!!
Thanks for doing this.

Jodi and Jesse said...

Love them elephants!

Unknown said...

You did it!!!
amazing.