Thursday, June 14, 2012

Don't flip me off

This morning, while driving, I approached an intersection in a nice neighborhood and a car was inching  into the road past a stop sign where I was turning left.  Since I had the right of way (which obviously means nothing here) I kept turning and so did the other car--and I noticed the woman was flipping me off.  I continued to turn left in front of her and she continued to drive trying to cut me off.  I stopped my car and rolled down my window.  She screamed at me, "I WAS HERE FIRST!"  (What?  Is she 5 years old?)  I was SO mad I yelled back at her, "IT DOESN'T MATTER--YOU HAVE A STOP SIGN."  I can't even remember what she yelled back at me but then I yelled (I know; I'm so mature...), "LEARN HOW TO DRIVE."  Good thing I got the last YELL in.

8 comments:

Alicia said...

Nothing makes me madder than crappy drivers!

Emily said...

hahaha the red-head emerges.

Elisabeth said...

Good to know the RSP isn't perfect either :) And anyway, you were totally right!!

Camille said...

oh ellen. i could totally picture that happening! way to go by getting that last yell in!!!

Unknown said...

do you need an intervention?

Laura said...

Ha ha ha!

LL said...

YOU WIN!
should have called her a "butter" thats how we got even in 3rd grade.

Queen Elizabeth said...

I literally have a mini laser gun (toy) in my car because it makes me feel so much better because I won't stoop to flipping people off (as much as I may want to). You go girl