Thursday, September 29, 2011

RS Opening Social: Best of Boston





































What's not to love about clam chowder, corn bread, salad and Boston Cream Pie? Dinner was very Boston-y and delicious. We had someone speak about the church history in Boston; both people and places--she did a fantastic job. And we wrapped things up with a slide show of some favorite day trips. Everyone got to take home our own "Arlington Ward Best of Boston" book filled with lots of great ideas (best bakery, best park, best grocery store, best eye doctor, best Relief Society President--hahaha!).

11 comments:

Smilin' sunshine said...

What a fun night!! You have great people in charge in your ward!!

LL said...

AWESOME!!!
(i need to copy) :-)
Then Dawn will say we have great people in charge in OUR ward.

Shauna said...

Love this idea!

lime said...

Super cute idea! Would be fun to do wherever...at the beginning of the school year when new people have moved in, etc. I'm filing this idea away! THANKS!

Unknown said...

Best RSP hands down!

Kristin said...

How can I get one of those books? I would love a copy... We still have our packet you gave us when we moved it. Still a favorite to look at!

EmilyCC said...

I hope Lakota made the list--how did I live in Boston for almost 6 years and never know about it?!

Unknown said...

So cool. I miss the Arlington ward!

Juliet said...

What a great activity! I think I will try to convince my ward to do something similar.

Misty said...

That is a fantastic idea! And I'm wondering if I could possibly get a copy of the book as well?

Mother Goose said...

Ellen: Reading your blog makes me so homesick for Boston! It is hard to believe we've been gone for 10 years. Wow, 4 1/2 years were not enough. Love reading about your adventures there. Thanks, Vicki