Saturday, July 09, 2011

Christmas in July

For Christmas I gave my coworker Diana a "day trip". She picked Cape Cod and we went today. I was worried about the traffic on a Saturday but there was none! We drove along "Scenic 6A", stopped at the Brewster Store, hit a few antique shops (I bought 3 $1 recipe books) and then went to Chatham. We saw some friends of mine walking along the main street in Chatham (random!) and they recommended Kate's (in Brewster) so we backtracked and went there for lunch (their onion rings are really really good). After lunch we headed to Hyannis (no Kennedy sitings) and Diana bought a sweatshirt and we got some salt water taffy. We made a quick stop at the beach and called it a day. The weather was great; hot and sunny. It was a very fun day. The plan was to stop and see the Mayflower and Plymouth Rock on the way home...

4 comments:

Smilin' sunshine said...

You see people you know even down on the Cape?? You know EVERYONE!!

Margaret said...

Was it my sister and her clan? Kate's is SO good!!! Love the fried scallops there.

life in red shoes said...

Dear EP, my birthday is in March, can we go then?

Sweetpea said...

I LOVE Kate's!