Thursday, December 14, 2006

New stocking



















My aunt Shirley made our stockings for us when we were little kids. Mine was green and I LOVED it. I remember having it when I moved to Boston but it's now gone. I was telling my cousin Julie (aunt Shirley's youngest daughter) that two weeks ago when she was visiting and within a week I received this stocking from her. It's beautiful! It's quilted and my name is embroidered on the top (with "ep" embroidered on the back side). I love it!! My cousin is amazing. She loves making things and she loves embroidering on the things she makes!

This picture is of my new stocking hanging on our Grandmother Pitchforth's high chair (she was born in 1898 in Nephi, Utah and died in 1992). I think Julie and I inherited our love of baking/sewing from Athelia Booth Pitchforth!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is an absolutely GORGEOUS stocking! Love the colors and the embroidered name. What a treasure!!

Cheryl

www.lifewithcherylwray.blogspot.com

Blogger only let me comment on yours as anonymous. Sorry!

Dawnyel said...

So adorable! Seriously! Can she make one for EVERY person who just mentions that they miss their old stocking?! :D

Swoopref said...

I have a better stocking...

Anonymous said...

*gasp* GORGEOUS! HOLY CRUD...your entire FAMILY has some serious talent! LOVE IT!