Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Look what I got for Christmas!



My friends sent me this for Christmas (thanks Becks!): TWO pounds of See's milk chocolates. Heavenly. I love the smell and I love the taste!

When we were teenagers our youth group sold See's candy one Christmas. My dad was in charge so all 800 pounds were delivered to our living room. Ahhhhh...I'll never forget the sweet smell of 6610 Rubio Avenue!

When we were kids someone gave our parents a five pound box of See's candy for Christmas. It was a BIG box! I remember my dad asking if anyone wanted a piece. Of course we did!! We each got a piece and then another piece. And then the box disappeared into my parent's bedroom never to be seen again. They consumed the remainder of the five pound box of candy! That will be me in the next few days/weeks. One benefit of being single: you don't have to share your favorite candy with anyone.

5 comments:

Swoopref said...

...better than Goldenrod`s at Short Sands Beach in Maine?... I think not.

Swoopref said...

http://www.thegoldenrod.com/

ellen said...

Well, Goldenrod isn't better when it's boarded up for the winter!

Jolene George said...

yummmmmmmmmm....candy!!!

smart mama said...

hey i polished poff that same 2# box over christmas-