Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Busted bus

I am a big fan of public transportation but every now and then I get annoyed. For years I've said, "I can count the times I've been delayed on the bus and subway on one hand." I might be up to three hands now. Yesterday I got on the bus heading home after a long hot day and ten minutes into our ride that alarm went off again (see June 1, 2006 blog entry). Now unlike the last bus driver, this bus driver was alarmed by the alarm and she stopped the bus and called for help. This was my first time being on a disabled bus! We one-by-one exited the bus. We stood on the lawn and waited for the replacement bus. One cranky old man asked the bus driver to call his daughter and tell her where we were stranded and to pick him up (see, everybody doesn’t need a cell phone). Our replacement bus arrived after only 5 minutes. The bus driver hopped on and we followed her. One passenger said, “Do I get on this bus?”

As annoying as this was, it still beats driving.

1 comment:

Swoopref said...

The T drivers are wonderful people.

Swoop