Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving miracle

I parked in a garage when I first got to New York City.  The attendant told me it was $55 for 24 hours (I know, crazy, right?!?).  And he made it very clear that if I was late -- even 5 minutes late -- it would be an additional $25!  I ended up not being able to take a cab because 6th Avenue was still closed because of the Macy's Parade so I hoofed it over to the garage carrying 2 duffle bags, my camping/parade chair, my camera bag, a messenger bag and a blanket and I was not late!  I decided it would be easiest to park in another garage near the apartment I was staying in the second night but there aren't very many garages on the Upper West Side.  Imagine my surprise when I found street parking! I asked a guy walking by if it was OK to park there and he said if I parked across the street I wouldn't have to move my car until next Thursday at 9:00am (a week!).  So lucky me.  I'll admit I was nervous every time I walked to my car worried that it might be towed but it wasn't!  It was legit (FREE) street parking -- a Thanksgiving miracle!

No comments: