Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Paging Dr. Truscott
















My friend Tadd defended his thesis today at MIT and he invited me to attend. I didn't understand one bit of it (fluid dynamics is not my thing) but he did an awesome job! He is energetic, charismatic, and bright as can be (obviously). I consider him a dear friend.

He and I rode the subway together his first day at MIT (Fall 2003). When the door opened up at Kendall Square he jumped up and said loudly, "I'm living my dream!" and he ran off the subway to his first day of graduate school.

The culmination of his dream will be on June 5th when he graduates with a Ph.D. in Ocean Engineering from MIT. I'll be there to cheer for him (and take a few photos). He recently landed a great job at the Naval Undersea Warfare Center in Rhode Island (I'm happy they will still live in New England!).

Way to go, DR. TRUSCOTT!!!

10 comments:

allegra said...

congrats to him!! the MIT prank on top of the dome i thought was cute:) the comments weren't though. brutal!:)

allegra said...

the comments on the boston.com link, i mean.

Watauga Relief Society said...

Hoorah for the Truscott Family! And they get to stay in New England, that's wonderful! "living the dream"

Janae said...

HURRAY!!! WAY TO GO TADD! And congratulations to your whole family. The new job sounds awesome. We miss you all.

rebecca said...

Congrats to Tadd & family!

Reagan said...

I cut his hair short while I was there. It might have been more appropriate for him to have his usual mad scientist hair though.

I'm sad we didnt get to see you while we were there. We ended up watching at the finish line instead of mile 19!

Diana said...

Congratulations Tadd!

Turbo said...

I wish we could have been there to see it, and maybe heckle a little. Way to go Thadeus.

Melanie said...

Congratulations, Tad!

Blue said...

once upon a time i attended the dissertation defense of my very own "Doc" (dh)...his field of study? fluid dynamics and bio mechanics. i didn't understand much either. and then he jumped fields and never did anything with that degree (well, except get a job and teach medicine. he's really just an anatomist at heart). on may 20 he'll add another couple letters to his moniker when he graduates from medical school. he's assured me that this is his last semester EVER as a full-time student. praise the good Lord! ♥