Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The birthday quilt
















This is what all the late-night sewing was all about. I made my sister-in-law a quilt for her birthday and hand delivered it to her over the weekend. It didn't take too long to make and my friend Julie helped me choose fabric (she's great at that), cut it out, and put the front and back together (spray adhesive is a nifty invention) once I finished all the sewing. She even let me use her fancy walking foot to do the quilting part, which keeps it from puckering (a good thing).

Now I want to make a million quilts. They are super easy and I just love how they look. I'm addicted. I have plenty of fabric in my stash so I need to get busy!

7 comments:

Swoopref said...

Like father...like daughter.

balmforth.family said...

Is now a good time to put my order in?!

Anonymous said...

lucky sister-in-law, and I don't think the balmforths were kidding, were do we sign up?!

Jodi and Jesse said...

Can you teach me? :)

Anonymous said...

It looks awesome! I love the colors!

Elisabeth said...

I just love that quilt! Was she surprised? I'll be she loved it!

Melanie said...

If you are taking orders... count me in!! You did a beautiful job. You really have an artist's eye!!