Thursday, January 06, 2011

Three word reminder














My friend President Beecher (from LA-Verkin) sent me this today with the following note:

Happy New Year!

For the Relief Society lesson today, January 2, 2011, I have chosen the topic "Looking Ahead". The start of a new year is the traditional time to take stock of our lives and see where we are going, measured against the backdrop of where we have been. The past is to be learned from, but not lived in. When we look ahead, we are exercising faith. Faith is always pointed to the future.

Let us use three simple words to help guide us this year in "Looking Ahead" exercising faith, pointing to our future: *NOT EVEN ONCE*

NOT EVEN ONCE:
*break the Word of Wisdom
*lie
*cheat
*gossip
*procrastinate
*dress immodestly

NOT EVEN ONCE miss an opportunity:
*to forgive someone
*to fully repent
*to serve and worship in the Temple
*to pray with faith
*to tell your family you love them
*to be kinder than you need to be

The list goes on and on. Sisters, I love you. I pray for you. I hope 2011 is a wonderful year for each of you and your families, "Looking Ahead" for a brighter tomorrow.

10 comments:

Becky said...

GOOD STUFF Pres EP. We love you too!

Jodi and Jesse said...

I love it! Good job Pres EP! You are great!

Smilin' sunshine said...

I love that!

LL said...

LOOKING AHEAD was mine too. Great minds think alike.
You're the best!

Rachel S. said...

You know someone in La Verkin?

Amy D said...

That's an awesome quote. Happy New Year!

Alecia Williams said...

What a nice message QP. Thanks for sharing a message that we can benefit from. Big hugs!!

Shauna said...

Have you read/heard the message "Not Even Once" by Wendy Watson Nelson? Excellent!!!!
Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

Dear Shauna,

My sweetheart Willyne (AKA President Beecher) LOVES that book by Sister Nelson ... enough to share the idea on blocks of wood!

And to dear EP, thanks for spreading the love!

Melanie said...

I love that and I bet your lesson was fantastic.