Friday, May 07, 2010

Car salesmen these days

Things may be winding down for Bluebell. I did a bit of car buying research today and even got approved for a loan (it doesn't take long). Email from my brother Chuck said "get a Yaris".

On my way home I stopped at the local Toyota dealership. I asked a young salesman for a Yaris brochure. He then asked an older salesman if they had any. That guy shrugged his shoulders and went to the back room and a minute later handed one to me. I thanked him. As I walked out the door the young salesman said, "A Honda? You should trade it in and get this 2010 Camry. It's a beautiful car."

I thought for sure they would ask me if I was interested in buying a car.

4 comments:

jksfam said...

One would think they would ask you that! Wow! I hope you find something you like and get a great deal on it. When we bought a car a few years ago, Jim e-mailed the dealerships and got the price he wanted that way so that he could go in and get it without negotiating there.

Blue said...

i bought my last car on eBay motors. got an amazing price on a vehicle from a dealer in ohio (we lived in new england back then) so i jump-seated my way to ohio, went straight to the dealership and picked it up. buying from a dealer made it less scary for me (there were warranties and it was inspected bumper to bumper for any problems) and picking it up myself, even when factoring in the gas to drive it home, saved me thousands and thousands of dollars.

it never would have occurred to me to get one online if my brother in law hadn't purchased his family minivan on ebay motors too. he had it shipped from texas to utah, and even doing that it saved them a bundle. just something to consider! ♥

Unknown said...

really? a future without Bluebell?
I can't imagine it.

The Tanner Thompsons said...

WHAT?!?! how will we know it's ellen honking while she drives by if she's not in the iconic bluebell?!